Thursday, October 2, 2008

Day 82 - my old barn

Didn't realize how very old it looked till I took the photos. It was a great barn in it's day. Built around 1920 and not much care in the last 40 or so years, so I guess it's not too bad. Chuck did some work on it in the '90s, but it hasn't seen much since then. For it's age, it's really not in bad shape - some tlc would work wonders. The little gates in front are to keep the goats out - they have their own barn. There are huge wooden gates on the back that close it completely. Chuck always had "plans" to really 'fix it up'. It's basically some storage now and I keep hay in it.

I have fond memories of it as a child. Always such a fascinating place. There are four stalls on the right side, 2 on the left plus a large "corn crib". There is an upstairs on both sides.



1 comments:

Z-ville said...

What an interesting old barn. I like the deliniation in the roof where it goes up into a loft.