Thursday, September 25, 2008

Day 75 - Rocks

Since I didn't leave home today had to find something close. This is part of a pile of BIG rocks at the edge of my front yard. Some were once part of the foundation of my great-great grandfather's home and some were from one of the chimneys. The house burned, we had to have the chimneys knocked down before they fell on someone. Chuck had some of the brought to the front of the house because he was "going to do something with them". Chuck's gone - rocks are still there. Needless to say, most are too big to be moved by a mere mortal.

Guess they're a conversation piece now.

3 comments:

Fashion Schlub said...

Yeah, the conversation goes like this. "Nice rocks. When do we get to see The Hole?"

Iris said...

Good thing I wasn't drinking coffee or my keyboard would be drenched :)

Kat Simpson said...

Love the rocks - I'd like to 'do something with them' myself :)